A photo taken by Will Robinson which shows a dead rat caught in a trap which he found under his chair at a Brewer's Fayre in Boston, Lincs. See Masons story MNRAT; A customer eating in a popular restaurant which has a 5-star hygiene rating was disgusted to find a DEAD RAT underneath his chair. Will Robinson, 22, was enjoying a meal with friends at Brewer's Fayre when a dropped mobile phone led to the discovery of the unwanted dinner guest. While searching on the floor for the device he spotted the deceased rodent in a trap. He said: "It was about tea time when we had just finished our food and was about to leave when my mate dropped his phone and couldn't find it.
Will Robinson found the rat under his chair at Brewer’s Fayre, Boston, Lincolnshire (Picture: Masons)

A man out for a meal with friends said he was left disgusted after finding a dead rat under his chair.

Will Robinson, 22, found the rodent while looking for his mobile after dropping it on the floor.

Incredible moment deaf couple hear one another for first time

He said: ‘It was about tea time when we had just finished our food and was about to leave when my mate dropped his phone and couldn’t find it.

‘We put the flash on our phones to light up underneath our sets so he could find the phone and I saw this rat dead in a rat trap.’

He captured the rodent in a Snapchat video before informing a member of staff.

A photo taken by Will Robinson which shows a dead rat caught in a trap which he found under his chair at a Brewer's Fayre in Boston, Lincs. See Masons story MNRAT; A customer eating in a popular restaurant which has a 5-star hygiene rating was disgusted to find a DEAD RAT underneath his chair. Will Robinson, 22, was enjoying a meal with friends at Brewer's Fayre when a dropped mobile phone led to the discovery of the unwanted dinner guest. While searching on the floor for the device he spotted the deceased rodent in a trap. He said: "It was about tea time when we had just finished our food and was about to leave when my mate dropped his phone and couldn't find it.
The restaurant was given a five out of five rating at its last insepction (Picture: Masons)

Will said: ‘We called the manager over straight away and he told us there were traps because the farmers have been on the fields so the rats had come in.

‘I thought the restaurant would have to close if there was a problem with rats.’

Heartwarming moment homeless man gets himself a job

Mr Robinson claims the manager offered the group a free meal on their next visit.

He said: ‘We won’t be taking up the offer – none of us want to eat there again. The discovery of the rat has put us off completely.

‘Finding the rat was such a big shock. Seeing it made us feel physically sick. It is a popular place and a lot of families go there. It’s not good at all.’

According to the Food Standards Agency the restaurant was last inspected for food hygiene in January 2016.

The NHS is at breaking point, according to the British Medical Association

Inspectors awarded it the top ‘very good’ five out of five rating.

A spokesperson for Brewer’s Fayre said: ‘We are extremely sorry to learn of this incident and would like to apologise sincerely to these guests.

‘We pride ourselves on maintaining exemplary standards of health and safety and this is completely unacceptable.

‘We have conducted a thorough inspection and are confident that there is no evidence of current pest activity at the site. We are also looking into how this could have happened as a matter of priority.’